Why I write...

I am a writer at heart. My thoughts often come in the form of rhymes. It's a little quirky, I know! :)
For years, I have been encouraged to write children's books. Every time someone would bring it up, I would reply, "that's not for me." --- My first children's book (and my first published book) was a result of an "If they can do that, so can I" thought process.

I wrote a little rhyme and presto -- It's a book! :) Encouraged by this, I wrote a couple more...and then a couple more. I have been amazed at how much fun I've had. I get so tickled by my little rhymes. Feeling a little silly, I confessed this to my best friend. She said, "It's a children's book. If you aren't getting tickled, you are probably in the wrong profession."

So, as long as it's fun and I continue to tickle myself, you will continue to see Renae Rae books! :)